Question about iPhoto making calendar

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not quite sure where this topic actually goes, so I am coming to this forum because it deals with pics.

Anyway, I thought I would be creative and make my mother a calendar for Christmas. So, I am scanning a bunch of family pictures. They are saved as a jpeg. For example, one has a resolution of 1110 x 786 pixels. When I place the photo in the picture spot holder, the little yellow triangle shows up signifying that I have a picture with low resolution. But the picture is not blurry or anything. Can anyone help?

Thanks a ton!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
iPhoto is just warning you that the resolution of the picture is not high enough to make it look good when it's printed at that size.

The resolution onscreen and what is needed for a good print are vastly different.

OP
S
Reaction score
I read that in the how-to's. But what size resolution should I have for a good looking picture? And is there anyway to change it? Maybe imageshack?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
For an 8X10 you probably want at least double the resolution you have now. Different size pictures need different minimum resolutions.

There really isn't a good way to increase the resolution of a picture.

OP
S
Reaction score
Oh, gotcha. Well, hrm. I don't know what to do then. Thanks for all the help tho!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.