Where's the 3D itunes screensaver?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2Duo, 2.33Ghz, 2GB Ram, 15.4"
Hi all,

I remember seeing a 3D itunes artwork screensaver when Leopard was first demo'd using core animation. Any idea where to find this? All I can find is the standard 2D one.

All the best
Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
iTunes does not have a screen saver. There is an iTunes artwork screen saver or there is the iTunes "Visualizer". The three new visualizers are in iTunes > View > Visualizer

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yeah I know the difference between a visualiser and a screensaver but I remember Apple showing a screensaver in leopard that used core animation to produce an album art screensaver in 3d like the old itunes Ad. Was this just a demo they used or is it in Leopard somewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
Do you mean this?

SS.jpg

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
noo I mean the one that Steveo demoed the first time they showed Leopard. It shows your album art turning into a city.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
maybe the original poster is thinking of appleTV's interface? I vaguely remember something being mentioned about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I know what you are talking about...
the commercial is it but..
I remember it being a screen saver (maby i'm wrong) in the leopard intro keynote that was supposed demonstrate core animation. If it was actually a video then how would that demonstrate core animation.
I was a little disappointed too when I saw that this was not one of the screen savers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
Maybe it was just a demo of what can be done with core animation. I vaguely remember watching the keynote so I might be wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.