Norton AntiVirus 10.0 for Macintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm new so pardon my ignorance but I thought viruses were not an issue with Macs....It's for sale in the Apple Store...Here's a little blurb from the ad copy...

Symantec’s Norton AntiVirus 10.0 is among the world’s most trusted antivirus solutions for Macintosh. It includes automatic virus removal, a Global Threat Assessment dashboard and contextual menu support to ensure that Mac users get the best possible virus protection solution.

M

MacHeadCase

I personally do not trust Norton for any app or utility they write for Mac OS X.

If I had any inclination to go with an anti-virus add-on, I would go with either Intego's VirusBarrier or the freebie ClamXav.

I hope this helps. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm new so pardon my ignorance but I thought viruses were not an issue with Macs....It's for sale in the Apple Store...Here's a little blurb from the ad copy...

Symantec’s Norton AntiVirus 10.0 is among the world’s most trusted antivirus solutions for Macintosh. It includes automatic virus removal, a Global Threat Assessment dashboard and contextual menu support to ensure that Mac users get the best possible virus protection solution.

Brief summary:

Yes, there are Anti-Virus packages for the Mac. Despite this fact, there are no viruses in the wild, so these packages offer little in the way of protection. No, you don't need an Anti-virus product at this time.

For more opinions, speculation and detailed analysis, please do a search as this has been discussed in literally hundreds of different threads, ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.