Help!!!!! My colours are gone!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
If this has happened to anyone, please tell me what to do. My screen has turned black and white. I was just pressing a bunch of random keys, and I guess I must have pressed the wrong one, because suddenly all the colour disappeared. I restarted, but nothing happened. Is my display broken? Is my graphics card damaged? How do I fix it? Your help is urgently needed and greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
The Trooper said:
I was just pressing a bunch of random keys, and I guess I must have pressed the wrong one

First of all, don't do that anymore. ;)

Try going to the Universal Access menu in System Preferences. Under the Seeing tab, click on the button marked "Set Display To Grayscale", and see if that fixes it.

OP
The Trooper
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
Wow.

Thanks, that actually worked. But I also had to click "Switch to Black on White". Wierd. I hope that never happens again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.