handbrake problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
i recently dowloaded handbrake so that i could put a dvd that i own onto my iphone. The thing is when i converted the movie i didn't choose the iphone setting. When it was done downloading i copied into itunes and tried to sync it with my iphone. It is saying that it can't sync the movie. Is there anyway i could change the format without copying the dvd again through handbrake?? Please help...

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
i was not discussing anything illegal..i own the dvd and wanted to put it on my iphone so i can watch it when i want..i was just looking for some help..not trying to get information on illegal activities..i know what is right and wrong thanks..there are a million posts that discuss handbrake and what it is used for..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
This...is illegal. Its breaking the encryption on the dvd, whether or not you "own" the dvd. Unfortunatly as it may be it is not covered by the free use law.

Reaction score
i don't know...it sounds like a legit question to me. it could be a homemade dvd that he recorded. all he said was dvd + movie. nothing about breaking encryption. Anyway to answer your question, I don't know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Considering a Mac... hopefully
If the DVD is not encrypted meaning it's not a commercial DVD you can simply use Disk Utility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I think this thread should probably be closed before it gets out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.