Strange but desperate request

S

Styjan

I was once the owner of an original Lime Green iMac. It came with a bundle of software which included a William Sonoma Cookbook. I have been killing myself trying to find a recipe that only seems to be on that CD. If anyone still has access to that CD could you please post the recipe for Beef Paprikash? And may I also add that you should give it a try, it is excellent!

Sorry if this is a little off normal topic. Thanx!

OP
F

flonejek

Heh, I don't know that recipe, but I know a friends mom who makes a really nice version of it, I'll see if I can get th recipe for ya :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
OP
S

Styjan

Yes, I have searched google and the William Sonoma site, but I could not find the exact recipe from the CD.

OP
B

Badger

Bon Appétit...
Badger
PS: try substituting buffalo or horsemeat for beef. Délicieux!
-----------------------
prep: 35 mins
cooking: 3 hrs
total 3 hrs 35 mins
Serves 6

ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, or lard, or bacon drippings
3 lbs beef chuck, cut into 2 inch cubes
salt and freshly ground pepper
5 tblsp sweet hungarian paprika
2 large yellow onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tblsp tomato paste
2 cups (16 fl oz) beef stock
1 to 1 1/2 cups sour cream, at room temperature
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill

Warm 1/4 cup butter (or lard or drippings) in a heavy frying pan over high heat. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper to taste and 1 tblsp of paprika. Brown the meat on all sides in batches and set aside.

In a large heavy pot, warm the remaining butter (or...) over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender and translucent ( about 10-15 mins). Add the garlic and remaining paprika and cook for a few minutes longer. Add the tomato paste, beef stock and browned beef. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.

Taste and adjust the seasoning, remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and dill. Serve hot.

OP
S

Styjan

You are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much. You do not know how happy you have made me.

OP
N

Nightblade

I've never even heard of this food before. A Hungarian chili-like food, you say? Based on the ingredients it sounds pretty good, and I'd be interested to try it sometime :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That sounds so good, I may have to learn to cook now! :)

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

WOW!!! you went through **** to get that recipe, must be really good

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.