External Moniter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB ram. 120GB HD. 250 GB external. Mac OSX 2.5 Leopard
So I'd like an external monitor for my macbook.

Since the MacBook has integrated graphics, whats the highest resolution it can display? Would it be high enough for say, a 24'' monitor?

BTW, I'm running 2 gigs of ram.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
hi i got a hd tv for my macbook to run in to and the best rez that i have it running at is 1360x768 there are other rez that it will run at but most seam to strech or distort the display and i use mine for photoshop and graphic work so i can not be working on a steched display

Reaction score
So I'd like an external monitor for my macbook.

Since the MacBook has integrated graphics, whats the highest resolution it can display? Would it be high enough for say, a 24'' monitor?

BTW, I'm running 2 gigs of ram.
Thanks.

I'm using a dell 20in at 1680x1050, works perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

Which, does not seem to have the specs on what resolution of external monitor a macbook can drive.

Mine drives a Samsung 22" widescreen LCD at 1680x1250. I think the biggest monitor the Macbook can drive at it's native resolution is the one down from the Apple 30" Cinema Display. Which means you probably won't want to get one of those, but then again aren't those about US$900? That kind of cash, and you probably have a MBP (and a Ferrari, a mansion, a solid gold refrigerator with an ice maker that makes smaller solid gold refrigerators, and a supermodel wife/movie star husband depending on which is your preference ;D ) and a dang good reason to have them.

Reaction score
Which, does not seem to have the specs on what resolution of external monitor a macbook can drive.

Mine drives a Samsung 22" widescreen LCD at 1680x1250. I think the biggest monitor the Macbook can drive at it's native resolution is the one down from the Apple 30" Cinema Display. Which means you probably won't want to get one of those, but then again aren't those about US$900? That kind of cash, and you probably have a MBP (and a Ferrari, a mansion, a solid gold refrigerator with an ice maker that makes smaller solid gold refrigerators, and a supermodel wife/movie star husband depending on which is your preference ;D ) and a dang good reason to have them.

Graphics and video support

* Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory3
* Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
* Built-in iSight camera
* Mini-DVI port
* DVI output using mini-DVI to DVI adapter (sold separately)
* VGA output using mini-DVI to VGA adapter (sold separately)
* Composite and S-video output using mini-DVI to video adapter (sold separately)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Well, okay so I didn't see that. I'm at work and we have a software freeze so people are getting stressed. So there you have it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2GB ram. 120GB HD. 250 GB external. Mac OSX 2.5 Leopard
External Monitor

So, I'm buying an external monitor for my MacBook and, since I'm kinda cheap and/or poor, I'd like to use it as my televison too. I have a very small apartment.

I've found a USB tuner I like but, I'm trying to figure out how to connect my PS2 to the monitor via VGA.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.