10.3.5 is out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
it just appeared in my Software Update, but unfortunately, I can't download 43MB here at home... only having a Modem :(
So I have to wait until tomorrow, to download it at work :D

Anybody installed it already?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I just about to post this. lol :)

Key enhancements include:

o Improved support for NTFS formatted volumes
o Improved reliability for user logins and mounting of home directories in a networked environment
o Updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
o Improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard/Mouse and Bluetooth phones
o Additional FireWire and USB device compatibility
o Improved font management
o Updated Mail and Image Capture applications
o Improved compatibility for third party applications
o Previous standalone security updates

Z

zakatov

I'm waiting till more ppl test .... i mean download it, and see what they say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
So far from a couple other forums it looks like it's a solid update, both the 10.3.5 update and the security update, so that is good news :) I will probably update tonight.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Update. There is a vulnerability in Safari again, and the two updates patch it.

This is a good update, noticing speed improvements.

T

TylerMoney

mine is only like 22.9 mb

I think that has to do with the previous security updates and what not..who knows..but mine isn't 44 mb

and I also have a security update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Mine was 22.9 mb

N

Nightblade

I'm downloading it right now. Guess I should change my Mac's specs to the new OS, as should everyone who has downloaded this new OS X update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
they deffinently updated isync for the motorola v710! :cool: im going to my verizon store bright and early on wednesday to get one! :rolleyes:

M

MoltenLava

I've just finished updating my iBook to 10.3.5. Yeah, my computer does seem faster after reboot. I think the reason for that is either:

1. from the improved video driver for ATI Radeon.
2. rebooting helps restore to its original speed.

I think it's more likely to be 2. It's been about a month since I rebooted the last time. Which means OS X has steady resource leak which can be cured only by rebooting.. Whatever the reason is, I'm happy that my computer became more responsive. At least for today.

T

TylerMoney

I updated my ox, and I am having no problems. I am not, however, noticing any speed difference...so I would agree that rebooting is the reason for any speed increase..I just happened to reboot the day before I got this update...before that I had about two weeks or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
i put panther today on our school computer along with 10.3.5 and the rest of the updates we have missed. One word: FAST! Faster at least. My school was reading to chuck our 1Ghz iMac. Thank God.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
My dad has noticed the screen on his 1.33 GHz Superdrive is clearer and crisper. After running every task in OnyX, I am noticing major speed increases.

J

jwindhall

Absolute Zero said:
My dad has noticed the screen on his 1.33 GHz Superdrive is clearer and crisper. After running every task in OnyX, I am noticing major speed increases.

I havn't installed it here at home yet but i did install it at my Quicksilver machine at work. Everything went fine except it through my display resolution off on my second monitor? I did some research afterwards and found that i was not the only one who had that problem :confused:

ohwell - I plug my Powerbook here at home into a second monitor aswell. Wonder if it'll through that one out of wack too? :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.