Is my mac being used?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Dual Core Xeon 5G RAM 10.5.8
Hi there,

I share an office and sometimes share my macs and i need to know how i can find out how often my system is used while i'm not there - is there a log file that will tell me exactly when my mac has been used?

I'm running two systems -
Mac Pro Quad 3 8G RAM - Leopard
G5 imac 1.8 20" 2G RAM - Panther

if there's different methods for each system then i'd like to know both please.

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
I'm not sure I understand... Used as someone else actually using your computer when you are not there?

If you make them use a guest account (that you would have to set up for them) there is parental options that will let you know how many times/how long they are on.

Here is an example on Leopard:

4u08b3r.png

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Dual Core Xeon 5G RAM 10.5.8
Thanks for your reply,
With these guest accounts you dont get all the administrative access right? Thats not going to work as both myself and the other user need full access to all system operations.
Basically i just wanted to know how long the other guy is spending on my system when i'm out, and also maybe how long i'm spending on it when i'm in.
Can i use the same method as you mentioned but with my administrator account? I'll check it out next week when i'm back in the office.
Cheers
Aarrgghh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.