Default browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
I have been using Camino a while and want to go back to Safari. Problem I have is that even when I tell Safari to be the default browser it is not the default or opening .url files. How can I change file associations? When I select open as and pick safari it doesnt open either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Can you uninstall camino and reinstall and see if that works....just a guess here...

Reaction score
Open Safari. Navigate to Safari->Preferences->General->Default Web Browser. Select Safari. Restart Safari.

I apologize in advance if you've already done this, but try it if you haven't and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I have been using Camino a while and want to go back to Safari. Problem I have is that even when I tell Safari to be the default browser it is not the default or opening .url files. How can I change file associations? When I select open as and pick safari it doesnt open either.

The default browser doesn't necessarily open .html or .url files. You'll have to highlight the file, press Cmd+I to Get Info, and then select Safari from the "Open with" drop-down. Once that's done, click "Change All." Presto, it's done. Relaunch Finder if you want to see all the icons change immediately. This is unless .url is a proprietary file format Camino uses to "save" webpages, in which case you might just have to make new ones with Safari or Firefox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.