iMac G3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.0, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD
I have a grey iMac G3, and when I turn it on, it beeps, and the screen stays blank but the power button blinks.

I haven't plugged a mouse or keyboard in, I assume a PC mouse and keyboard will work.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 300MHz 288mb RAM Mac OS X (Panther), iMac G3 500MHz (Panther), iMac G3 350MHz (Tiger), iPod
Welcome to the Forums! ;D

Try reinstalling the OS btw: which OS are you running?

Then try this: (by Apple Doc): The power on self-test resides in the ROM of the computer. This test runs whenever the computer is turned on after being fully shut down (the power-on self-test does not run if the computer is only restarted).

If a fault is detected during the test, you will not hear a normal startup chime. Instead, the system will beep as explained below. If you experience one of these beeps, you may call your Apple Authorized Service Provider for additional troubleshooting assistance.

1 beep = no RAM installed
2 beeps = incompatible RAM types
3 beeps = no good banks
4 beeps = no good boot images in the boot ROM (and/or bad sys config block)
5 beeps = processor is not usable

In addition to the beeps, on some computers the power LED will flash a corresponding number of times plus one. The LED will repeat the sequence after approximately a 5-second pause. The tones are only played once.

Note: In this case, a flash is considered to be 1/4 second or 250 ms or greater in length.

Good Luck!!!
:D
iMacKid500

OP
Teh_Derek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.0, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD
Alright.
It wont boot up, it gives off 1 beep at the startup, I cant check if there is Ram in there or not, though, this was thrown away, so its possible that the Ram isn't there. I know what Ram looks like btw, I've built my own PC, so I know what I doing.

I'll see what I can find though.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.