Aperture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.4GHz; 200GB hard drive (7200 rpm); 2GB RAM
Does anyone have this? How do they like it compared to Photoshop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Does anyone have this? How do they like it compared to Photoshop?

I don't know that you can compare them side by side and be fair with the end conclusion. They are meant for different aspects of digital photography/imaging. It would be more fair to compare Adobe Lightroom to Aperture.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
I don't know that you can compare them side by side and be fair with the end conclusion. They are meant for different aspects of digital photography/imaging. It would be more fair to compare Adobe Lightroom to Aperture.

Agreed - but to answer the question - photoshop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I have it and like it but you can't compare it to photoshop because they are as Mattlike stated for different aspects of digital photography/imaging.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
As others have said there simply isnt a comparisson.

What I will say though is this. Before I bought Aperture I used Photoshop CS2/CS3 extensively. I would process my RAW files in ACR but because I didn't really like the way ACR handled curves and because ACR's sharpening left a lot to be desired I'd then open them in CS3, apply curves, levels and sharpening and save as a TIFF file.

Now that I have Aperture I rarely use CS3 at all, in fact I seriously regret buying it as 99% of the time it never gets used at all and even when I do use it, say for creating layer masks or more precise dodging and burning I could have done all of that in Elements at a fraction of the cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.