Whats good about iphoto 08?

Reaction score
I've seen tons of threads about why people don't like iphoto. After a night of trying to find a certain few pics, I realized there is no way I could remember where specific pics are among 87gigs of other photos. So last night after fooling with keywords I decided to start uploading my pics in iphoto. So far I'm half way through and have assigned keys words and am really happy with being apple to look up pics with a keyword system.

So what are some cool features of iphoto that you guys like?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
We took a family vacation in September and returned with nearly 300 photos, some on the iPhone, some burned to a CD, and some on the camera itself. I put them in iPhoto and created an album for all of the images. iPhoto kept them in time order, despite overlaps with photos from the iPhone. I then pared that album to 75 viewable images and made a book. From raw images to book purchase took 6 hours, and it was my first book ever.

iPhoto made it easy to review my photos and reject the lousy ones, and to arrange them in the order I wanted. Could other tools do it? I'm sure some could, but iPhoto's the one that helped me do something I might otherwise not have done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I love iphoto 08...much better than the competitor's media...hint: starts with an " M"...LOL

Ok lets face it...my avatar and signiture may give it away...I LOVE Macs...LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I find iPhoto 08 easy to use. I feel it is better at categorizing and speed of the program in general. Another feature I like is the ability to run the mouse mover a series of pics and see what is inside without opening all of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.