Poll: Which version of Windows are you installing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
Just curious as to what the trend seems to be. Are you installing Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP, or Windows Vista. Might be helpful to others if you explain why you did what you did :).

Pick One:

Windows 2000 Pro

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Reaction score
The only windows in my house are the ones that came with it. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600
I choose the Vista , but i don`t instal any of it right now i was a Win user for more than 10 years , when i changed to mac there was some app that i didn find at mac , but i am 3 month now user of mac and i found all that i need , ohhhh no one thing i can`t find :( It is SWF-AVI-GIF converter :( But at all it is not a such a big prob ! Mac Rules ! :))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Windows XP SP2 in Parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz 2x160GB HDD 2GB RAM
I am using Windows XP with bootcamp and loading the same partition with Vmware Fusion in Mac. I need only one windows instalation to work on both partitions. I am usin Windows only for my studies with some programs, that I can't run on Vista.

AIX

Reaction score
XP as well. Vista is too bloated and buggy. Pretty much all the features it has that XP doesnt have are completely unnecessary for what I need and do nothing more then chew up resources.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moving to correct forum...

Reaction score
I installed XP in Parallels, and Vista in Bootcamp. Vista seems to resource intensive to use in Parallels, but I still like Vista, and for the Windows development I do I like to have the newest features available.

Reaction score
Can one install Windows Pro 2000 on a new Imac? I've been doing some research before I buy one, but I had not heard of this before. I went to the Apple store today and they told me it's either XP with SP2 or Vista? I have Windows Pro 2000 CD at home, but it was a PIA to install, if I remember correctly it comes without any drivers. I guess this questions comes from seeing Windows Pro 2000 on the poll.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Can one install Windows Pro 2000 on a new Imac? I've been doing some research before I buy one, but I had not heard of this before. I went to the Apple store today and they told me it's either XP with SP2 or Vista? I have Windows Pro 2000 CD at home, but it was a PIA to install, if I remember correctly it comes without any drivers. I guess this questions comes from seeing Windows Pro 2000 on the poll.

It's not supported via BootCamp because Apple doesn't supply the drivers for it, but you can install and run pretty much anything in a virtual machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
For sure XP SP2 for me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.