Mail App

Reaction score
This is the only thing I have noticed weird with Leopard.

I use Mac Mail App with my IMAP email account and it keeps sending emails that have already sent. Kind of like it thinks there is something there but there really isn't and sometimes it doesn't really send when it says it does.

Is this a problem everyone is having or could it just be me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I have not experienced this problem with Mail in Leopard. Are you saying people are receiving multiple copies of email from you? Are you using multiple email accounts? Have you tried deleting and recreating the IMAP account in Mail?

OP
E
Reaction score
I have not experienced this problem with Mail in Leopard. Are you saying people are receiving multiple copies of email from you? Are you using multiple email accounts? Have you tried deleting and recreating the IMAP account in Mail?

No, sometimes they doesn't even receive the email or it tries to send the email again 5 mins later, like it never sent in the first place.

I changed my SMTP port number in Mail, so that might help.

I will post again when I notice anything.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
No problems here with Mail on Leopard

OP
E
Reaction score
It seems to do it when I have a new message open. So maybe it is checking to see if I sent it yet or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.