Burning Help!

Reaction score
i am trying to burn onto a DL disc from my MacBook and i get an error everytime. it keeps saying illegal action error. can anyone help?

Reaction score
What kind of files are you trying to burn and which method are you using to burn or which app are you using to do the burn?

Are you running Tiger or Leopard?

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
im running tiger. i tried using disc utility and Toast. i am basically burning music/movies and other junk to clean up my HD. this is my first time trying to burn onto a DL disc

Reaction score
it is an usual problem when burning DL disc. One of my friends tried to burn Mac OS X 10.04 and he failed 4 times :( .Trying to burn again or burn with a good blank DL disc
Have a nice day !!!!

Reaction score
There are 3 early 2006 models which don't support burning to dual layer disc.

• The MacBook shipped in three configurations. The low-end model, with a 1.83 GHz Core Duo processor, 512 MB of RAM, a 60 GB hard drive, and a CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive, sold for $1,099.
    [*]The middle-end model, with a 2.0 GHz Core Duo processor, 512 MB of RAM, a 60 GB hard drive, and a CD-RW/DVD±RW SuperDrive, sold for $1,299.
    [*]Finally, a high-end model shipped in a black case (the first black Apple portable in more than five years). It improved upon the middle-end model with an 80 GB hard drive, and sold for $1,499.

Do you have one of these models?

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
ahh. that must be my problem. i bought the black macbook like 1 month before the core 2 duo came out for the same price. just my luck, bought/opened a 25 pack of DL DVD+R for nothing..
but thanks for the info

Reaction score
So you have one of those early models then ... too bad, eh ... your welcome MacBoi ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.