Will leopard fit on my emac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
OK you experts... do you thonk that Leopard will fit and have a good «running» on my emac with the specs list below?

eMac 1.25 GHz / 768 MB SDRAM / superdrive / OSTiger 10.4.10 / isight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You can answer that for your self at the appropriate Apple page. If your eMac is a G4, then given what you have said, it meets the requirements. Read those details.

Note that that page claims you need 9GB, but a clean full install took 14.15GB on my laptop. I installed all languages and printer drivers. Only loading what you need will get you down to that 9GB I think.

Also note certain features such has special effects for video iChat either won't be there or will be limited due to your video system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Your specs are as high or higher in part than my 1.25 ghz/512/IMacg4...and Leopard is running just fine on it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I've run Leopard on my tower and it seems fine. Even with the original OEM card. The better ATI card I have in it now allows me to use some of the special effects for iChat. My MBP Intel laptop gives me all of the special effects for iChat.

You really should get more RAM tough. 512MB doesn't cut it although I'm sure it will work, performance will be degraded. Upgrade to at least 1GB and more if you can afford it and the box can accept it.

Reaction score
I know you asked two months ago, but I thought I'd chime in as I have a very similar setup to yours - the only difference is that I don't have an iSight camera, and I do have a full Gig of RAM.

Leopard has been just fine on my system, though I was not able to do an upgrade - I had to do an archive and install setup. It was easy enough to get my configuration set back up and everything has been both hunky and dory with it since then. I even bought iLife 08 and installed it, and it's been quite smooth as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.