iWork '08 or MS Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.5 GB Ram
Which one do you use? I did use MS Office but recently made the switch to iWork, which one do you think is better ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive
I use NeoOffice, its just like MS word for Mac, only its free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
There is also openoffice which is free too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya I had problems downloading openoffice, coz for some resson I dont have X11 on my system.

OP
Johnny87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont really like neo office...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To me there all a much of a muchness.Its good enuff for me to do my basic world stuff pluss being that every office in Australia works on world Neo was better then iWorks . I did not see the point of buying MS Office or iWork's for $80 (or what ever they cost) when Neooffice is all I need, and considering apple dont includ the basic world app's any more, apart from TXT edit( dont know why) I was not going to spend even more money on my very nice, but exstreamly over priced MacBook and Tiger system's.

For some resson, we here in Oz pay far more for our Mac's then you Guys any where eales around the world.Drives me crazzy.

OP
Johnny87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To me there all a much of a muchness.Its good enuff for me to do my basic world stuff pluss being that every office in Australia works on world Neo was better then iWorks . I did not see the point of buying MS Office or iWork's for $80 (or what ever they cost) when Neooffice is all I need, and considering apple dont includ the basic world app's any more, apart from TXT edit( dont know why) I was not going to spend even more money on my very nice, but exstreamly over priced MacBook and Tiger system's.

For some resson, we here in Oz pay far more for our Mac's then you Guys any where eales around the world.Drives me crazzy.

i know man, im Australian too, its really highly priced down here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know and I cant understand why.Its realy silly, I mean for my MacBook I payed $3500 for and the US it would have been $2800 at the time.

I just bought the New System for $AU158 at apple.com.au in US it is $132 at apple.com and at amazon.com it is $AU117. Thats $41 diffrents. No one can tell me it cost apple that much to ship in, even with there mark-up.

OP
Johnny87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i know i know, but theres nothing we can do about it...

Reaction score
I just got iWork '08 to see what it was all about. Keynote and Numbers are pretty cool, and so is Pages..but...it seems like more of the same.

The only thing I don't like about pages is the lack of notebook view. In MS Word, you can trigger the notebook view, and use your mouse to "scribble" on the page for notes. EXTREMELY valuable to me when I take notes in class.

OP
Johnny87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just got iWork '08 to see what it was all about. Keynote and Numbers are pretty cool, and so is Pages..but...it seems like more of the same.

The only thing I don't like about pages is the lack of notebook view. In MS Word, you can trigger the notebook view, and use your mouse to "scribble" on the page for notes. EXTREMELY valuable to me when I take notes in class.

geeez, i didnt even know word could do that, thats cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did not know that ithere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please use search. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum.

Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.