Mouse with extra buttons

Reaction score
Is there a way to configure the extra buttons on my logitech mx revolution mouse to work. Really I only care about the forward and back buttons on the side. Thanks for any help.

If I can't use these anyway, I think I will pick up a wireless mighty mouse. Any positives or negatives about this mouse. Someone told me the mouse is slow and unresponsive, but I think there's may be a an older version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
If you installed the logitech software then you should be able to change the buttons in the system preference pane. I'm able to change them on my vx revolution, so the mx should be no different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm using the Logitech software with my MX Revolution, and it works fine to set the extra buttons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You won't be able to use the Logitech software with Leopard as it uses Unsanity's application enhancer.

You could either wait for them to update it, or get an alternative driver such as steermouse, USBOverdriveX or Controllermouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Not true Aptmunich, I and along with many other TUAW readers are using Logitech's LLC just fine on Leopard.

OP
J
Reaction score
Someone else told me the software would not work on Leopard so I didn't try it. I was hoping there was a way to just use the Mac OS to do it so I didn't have to install any software. Anyway, thanks for the help. I may try the Logitech software or look into the software Aptmunich suggested.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.