How would I go about reinstalling?

Reaction score
I upgraded to Leopard, but have since encountered some issues, and would like to do a clean install. I turned on Time Machine, and have been backing it up regularly, is that good enough to do a clean install, and be able to get all my stuff back?

The problems I've been having is that the dock seems to lock up sometimes to where I have to restart the machine. Also my internet connection seems to be having real problems, have the time my mail accounts won't connect, and my I can't bring up web pages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Boot with the Leopard DVD, and then when the installer pops up, go to the menubar and in one of the options there will be "restore using Time Machine disk". I haven't tried it yet so I can't say but it seems to be the way to go.

On the other hand, I would suggest you wait till 10.5.1 to see if your problems are sorted out..

OP
Jhorra
Reaction score
Well, I use my Mac all day for work, so network problems are a pretty big disaster to have going on. When will 10.5.1 be out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Time machine will help you restore to the point of last backup. But if you're facing problems with the current install, i would suggest that you try to check if it's a problem with any specific application etc otherwise on restoring the time machine backup is it likely to return.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I dont' think Time Machine backs up any system files, so if you have problems then the Leopard DVD is the only way. It's not like Windows' System Restore where only the system files get backed up while your files are left to fend for themselves.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.