• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A Positive Experience - Kinda long

Reaction score
Too many times we do not hear the good... most coming into forums like this are trying to fix a problem or rant about something that is wrong... understandable, we all need help at times...

Anyways, I called Apple on Saturday because my firewire was not working, and the MBP would not go to sleep at all (it also had issues shutting down or restarting, if it would at all). I called them, and the first question was about my Applecare, which I kindly informed them that I did not have Applecare, but the MBP was still under warranty, and the closest Apple store was 3 hours away, and my local authorized repair center said they were backed up for 2 weeks, and would likely just send it to Apple anyways because they did not want to get into a repair that would make them change multiple parts because they did not want their ratings with Apple to go down :Smirk:

Anyways, the phone support put me on hold and came back and said that they would make an exception to send me a box and take the MBP in for repair even though I did not have Applecare.

Got the box yesterday (Tuesday). Sent it in at 4:30 yest afternoon. They got it this AM at around 8:00. It went through the cue that you can follow online, and is packed and ready to come back to me. I will likely have it tomorrow!

Now, it is not here yet, and whether all my issues are taken care of I do not know, but this was quite impressive to me. This is my first Mac, and this kind of service will keep me a happy camper.

Not everything Apple does is bad! There are good stories too!

Thanks for listening, now, cross your fingers that the MBP is actually fixed! I should have my copy of Leapord tonight and am anxiously awaiting the install tomorrow night!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Good story, thanks for sharing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.