Missing iLife

Reaction score
I just bought a new 24" iMac and am loving it. However, I'm a little perplexed with the situation with iLife. Having purchased my iMac from an Apple Retail Store the weekend that Leopard came out, it came with a Leopard upgrade disc. I know that each new Mac comes with iLife, and mine did with the Tiger installation, however when I applied the Leopard upgrade, iLife was no longer present. How do I avoid this?

I assume that new iMacs will come with Leopard pre-installed and iLife included pretty soon, so how come I'm missing out on iLife just because I bought my iMac after Leopard's launch but before they managed to shift the old stock?

Any advice appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
So you simlpy upgraded, or did you format and upgrade?

I'd just reinsert the Tiger disc and choose install applications only, and choose iLife again. But I would expect a simply 'upgrade' would actually retain your applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
Yea I erase & installed Leopard then just reinstalled ilife from tiger disks it works fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Agreed with above responders. I upgraded, not erase and install, and the iLife applications were retained. If you did erase & install, the provided Tiger OS disks should allow you to install just those apps.

OP
F
Reaction score
ahh ... cool. didn't realise you could install just the apps from the tiger installation. I'll be on to that tonight then!

thanks for the quick responses guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah contrary to what most people believe, iLife is NOT part of OS X and is its on entity. iLife can be found on your restore discs that also include Tiger on it just select install applications only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.