inCase damaged my iPod's screen

G

gailwin

When i bought my iPod, the salesrep said to get the inCase. i got the iPod and inCase two days before i went on vacation. I bring it on my 3 week trip and a week later, i notice that the iPod has a huge cloud on the screen. I thought it had to be the case. I tried lots of stuff to get it off like toothpaste and fantastic but none worked. i kept it out of the case until i got to a store when i got home. The first store i brought it to (Garden City, NY - Roosevelt Field Apple Store), on the weekend, they said that they couldn't do a thing about it. i told them it could be a class action lawsuit and they kicked me out of the store after i said that. I then brought it to the Town Center Apple Store (Boca Raton, FL) and they told me what happened. Heat reacted to the soft plastic on the case and it melted onto the iPod (probably from keeping it in my pocket). They replaced the month-old case for me and sold me the iSleeve, and only made me pay the difference (which stinks because the case ruined my iPod). But they said they couldn't do anything about the iPod because apple products didn't destroy it.

I wrote to Steve Jobbs and his office called me after getting my letter and said that they couldn't do anything about it.

anyone else have this problem?

OP
Z

zakatov

Hey, I got this case for my ipod. Is that similar to what u have (had)? If it is, how hot did it get for the screen to get messed up, and also,did the case itself leave any scrateches on the front of the iPod around the wheel, cuz mine is scratching where the clear plastic is connected to the cloth.

gl with ur iPod

OP
G

gailwin

mine scratched where the plastic met the leather also.

I had the inCase Sleeve.

I kept the case in my pocket alot and it must have gotten hot enough in there for the plastic to melt to the screen. I never kept it in direct sunlight.

Now i have the iSkin Evo case and i like it much better because the screen protector is hard plastic instead of soft and it can't melt onto the iPod.

OP
Z

zakatov

gailwin said:
mine scratched where the plastic met the leather also.

I had the inCase Sleeve.

I kept the case in my pocket alot and it must have gotten hot enough in there for the plastic to melt to the screen. I never kept it in direct sunlight.

Now i have the iSkin Evo case and i like it much better because the screen protector is hard plastic instead of soft and it can't melt onto the iPod.

Ouch, the plastic melted in your pocket? Are you sure the screen's not just finely scratched or something? Is the plastic still clear and see-thru? Now i'm fairly worried about my iPod as well.

Can anyone else with similar case shed any light on this? (I just got the iPod/case a couple of weeks ago, so I can't really speak from experience)

OP
P

PowerbookG417

i dont know anything about the incase...but i do know that the 3rd gen ipods are made out of the same plastic as the old snow books are they not...and there is a compound that will remove the scratches from the plastic. either that or you could have the scracthes buffed out with some wax compound. you should be able to bring that screen back up to a shine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I want to know how to get steve jobs' address. I want to complain how me buying my ipod and powerbook on 2 receipts to use two different credit cards makes me ineligible for cram and jam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Right...I mean you wouldn't want to help a fellow consumer.

OP
I

Icarus

you honestly think steve jobbs is gonna like, answer you? Yeah...after that write a letter to Bush. I bet you'll get handwritten responses to both!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Normally I wouldn't....but if he said he received a response about an iPod damage I thought maybe it could happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.