Using 3D Dock on Side?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Hey all;

I know Apple makes the dock turn into this black thing when you put it on the side and its the 3d on the bottom. How do I get it to stay 3d on the side? I use a wide screen, so keeping the dock on the bottom doesnt make sense, and I really like the 3d dock. I know I can make the dock black when its on the bottom with the terminal, but how do I do the opposite?

Thank You

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
I don't think you can do that :(

that got rid of it in the final build of leopard because there were some problems (something to do with reflection)

I've seen the 3D dock on the side from the beta builds and it didn't look that great.

OP
PrimalYeti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
it looked ok, but I wanna see it first hand before I say I hate it.

Reaction score
20070829sidedock.png

Yuck, and good riddance http://rogueamoeba.com/utm/cache/sidedock-2007-08-29-16-00.html
I feel a little queasy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
It worked fine with the space background. But with terrestrial backgrounds, the gravity made all the icons fall off. You can't ship software like that, a pile of icons on the bottom right of your screen and an empty dock on the right.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.