rebuilding my iLife

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
so, I'm kind of back on Mac. My hard drive catastrophically failed and all data was lost.
Now I've got a new drive, and with fingers crossed, I am trying to rebuild. I have a .mac account with a website published by iWeb '08. So I have a website on .mac, but not on my Mac. Can I sync/import/open websites with iWeb? There are no hits in iWeb help, and a search of this forum was unfruitful. Someone on an old thread talked about copying the Web:Sites:folder from iDisk to local, then rebuilding the site by hand, but I don't even see how to do that in iWeb.

OP
N

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Not that anyone cares (almost a month elapsed, with zero responses), but I found my answer straight from Apple's mouth:

iWeb: Any websites you have published with iWeb should still be available within iWeb. iWeb stores everything in a Domain file, normally located in the ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder (although it can be moved). If you no longer have this file, you can view your currently published pages and manually recreate them within iWeb, but there is no way to import published pages back into iWeb.

LAME!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.