iLife 06 from Tiger installable in Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
So, I'm really excited to get Leopard, but I got iLife 06, of which I use pretty much every application on a very regular basis with Tiger, installed when I bought my two Macs.

If i Buy leopard as a standalone, will I be able to install iLife 06 from the Tiger Disks onto it?

If not, then it is not worth updating too for me.

Thanks,

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive
Ummmmmmm I am not sure, but I think, you would not be able to install iLife 6 of the Tiger disk.

Now its up to you if you update or not. But I look at it in the view point, that I dont like getting lefted behind, what with apple bring out new stsyems so often, app's change over night 4 months from now, everything will be diffrent, and the app's you use to be able to use,wont work.Or atlest in my experience thats what happens.

Reaction score

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
iLife '06 is compatible with Leopard.

I did a clean install and later used the Migration Assistant to pull all of my apps, documents and settings over to Leopard. That included the iLife suite, which runs fine under Leopard.

Reaction score
I just did a format and install of Leopard on my MacBook and am actually installing iLife 06 now. Pop in Disk 1 and select Install Bundled Software. Click options to remove any unwanted components (like trial software and/or Garage Band to save space) then follow the prompts.

Hope that helps!

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Bump back to the top as this is a very useful thread (maybe should be sticky?)

I upgraded to Leopard last night, unfortunately had to go down the clean install route and so i am now without ilife06. So tonights task is to reinstall ilife06 on to Leopard.

OP
bmcgonag
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Excellent info, and thanks so much for those of you who are more brave than I in trying this out.

Brian

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
I can also confirm (having just completed the install) that the ilife06 suite can indeed be installed and runs perfectly under Leopard

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.