Ibook DVD Burner????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I have an ibook g4, I have been messing with imovie lately and want to burn a dvd. Unfortunatley my ibook doesn't have a dvd burner. Does anyone know of a decent external dvd burner for an ibook, either usb or firewire??? Also does anyone know how a movie burned onto a cdr-r using imovie looks? And last question, if I burn a cd-r using imovie, can it be played on a windows xp machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
you can also get a usb2.0 to IDE adapter (about 30 $/€) and just buy an internal burner, which is usually a lot cheaper...

btw, you can also use idvd to burn dvd's using an external burner, you just need a little patch for it.

Do a search, and you'll see what i mean :) (normally idvd only works with internal superdrive dvd burners, but not with external ones!)

K

krrt

I have a Pioneer DVR-107D in a generic external Firewire enclosure. The drive cost me about $100, the enclosure about $50; watch for good deals at dealmac.com. The drive has performed flawlessly with the two Macs I've used it with.

From what I understand, Firewire 400 tends to be faster in the real world than high speed USB, even though the theoretical limit is higher for USB; get a USB/Firewire enclosure and have the best of both worlds.

V

vuschejan

apt, is there an adapter to switch an internal hard drive to a usb or so? im relaly looking for one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.