Can someone please walk me through how to set up my MAIL account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
i am using a hotmail account, but i also have an outlook account at school can i get both my hotmail and school mail sent to me?

Reaction score
You can do your outlook one but not hotmail, Mail doesn't support hotmail*ahem microsoft ahem*. To set up your school one you will need to find the details from the website of which server your school uses.

By the way, I have an identical MacBook as you do.

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
thats rubbish, how can i get a mac mail account?

p.s cool, when did you get it, runs like a dream doesn't it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
ditch hotmail and get gmail, its much better and works with MSN ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
You can do your outlook one but not hotmail, Mail doesn't support hotmail*ahem microsoft ahem*.
Way to spread false information. :Grimmace:

Mail does not support Hotmail because Hotmail does not provide POP access to its users. It has nothing to do because Hotmail is a Microsoft service. If Hotmail provided POP access then Mail could easily get Hotmail mail.

To set up your school e-mail, you will need the settings like already said. Go ask someone in the computer lab or something for help on setting up the account.

If you want a mac e-mail address then you must sign up for the .Mac service (http://www.apple.com/dotmac/).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive
What I always found hard is setting up my Mac email. Could never figer it out.So I got ride of it, but it would be so much better to use one Mac acount, then my hotmail,gmail, yahoo mail, freeserve mail,oink mail you get the idia.
Just getting the new stsyem now, so when I get I will need help setting it up.

Reaction score
i am using a hotmail account, can i get my hotmail mail sent to me?

If you're using Tiger and Mail.app you need httpmail.plugin. You add a new account using httpmail as the account type and as long as your Hotmail account isn't a co.uk or new one it should work fine.

If you're using a Hotmail.co.uk (or whatever it is) it doesn't seem to work as I've seen a lot of questions about this. If you're using a newer Hotmail account then you'll have to upgrade to the user pay version. What's a newer Hotmail account? Probably in the past 3-4 yrs ... don't know exactly.

Short answer .... use Gmail and configure a POP3 account type in Mail.app. Gmail help will show you how.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.