Full System Scan? Help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook2,1 2 GHz, 1 GB, 667 MHz, Ipod 4 GB Nano, 2nd gen Ipod shuffle, Ipod touch 8GB
Hi, I'm quite new to macs and computers in general, I was just wondering if someone could help me with my virus scans and what not? How do you run a full system scan? I have Mcafee because I have Sky Broadband but I'm never sure as to whether I'm doing my scans properly, should I set it up for automatic updates and and should I be using any other software like spybot etc? I know macs are less prone to virus than pcs, hope you can help? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Just my personal preference but I would yank mcafee off of there but thats just me...no viruses for Macs to date...

go to apple.com and to downloads...they have a nice scanner there can't recall the name but I used it and it worked fine...

Do a search should bring up something...I'll take a look myself...welcome to Macs...and to mac-forums!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook2,1 2 GHz, 1 GB, 667 MHz, Ipod 4 GB Nano, 2nd gen Ipod shuffle, Ipod touch 8GB
Hey thanks v.much Macgirl, so apart from using that scanner you suggested is there any other software I may need to use? My boyfriend has a pc and has to uses spybot, adaware and lots of other things. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.