New HD problems

Reaction score
I bought this drive to replace my system drive on my dual 2 G5.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/385991-REG/Hitachi_H3400B72S_400GB_SATA_400GB.html

When put it in the computer and booted up the lights (Red and yellow) in the front on the inside stay on now - they never go off when the computer is on. The drive works, but in Disk Utility I cannot restore my old system drive to this new drive. My machine takes a long time to boot too. Just not acting right since I put this new drive in. I am still running the sytem off the old drive. Is this new drive not compatable with my G5? Anything I can do to get this drive to shape up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro quad-core 2.66gHz, Leopard, 9gb RAM, one 250gb, two 500gb and three 1tb internal SATA drives
One, Two, Three

ONE - I suppose that it's too late to return it to B&H? I buy a lot from them and would expect them to take back anything that doesn't meet my expectations.

That aside,
TWO - I'd contact the drive manufacturer for help and
THREE - if that didn't work out, I'd put the drive into an external enclosure and buy another drive for internal installation. If you're anything like me, you can't have too many external drives for backups.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.