few questions, time machine and hard drive lock

Reaction score
after installing leopard now coming out of sleep I hear the hard drive unlock sound 3 times instead of once about 70% of the time.

Also I did an upgrade, is it possible with time machine to reformat and do a fresh install and then selectively choose which apps and files I want to restore using time machine? thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
after installing leopard now coming out of sleep I hear the hard drive unlock sound 3 times instead of once about 70% of the time.

Also I did an upgrade, is it possible with time machine to reformat and do a fresh install and then selectively choose which apps and files I want to restore using time machine? thanks!

Yes. If you have completed a Time Machine backup, you can do a clean install. When the install is finished, you'll be asked if you want to run the Migration Assistant to migrate data and applications. When you do that, you are prompted as to what to restore from, choose your Time Machine backup - then you'll be prompted as to what items you want to restore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.