Importing contacts from iMac

Reaction score
How do I import my contacts from my iMac account? I can't seem to figure out a way, besides manually typing them back in, to import my contacts. I've cloned my hard drive using CCC and did a erase and install for Leopard so I have a 'blank' address book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Do you mean form your .mac account?

Because you can simply import and export in your file menu in the address book

6292qsh.png

OP
H
Reaction score
Yes, sorry from my .mac account. I have my contacts there but when I go to address book/import it doesn't give me a .mac option? But my contacts are definitely on my .mac account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you gone to your .mac section in your system preference folder? If not, just click on the Sync tab and check the contacts option and then click "Sync Now."

6cdz8cl.png

OP
H
Reaction score
Yes, thanks, I did that a couple of times. Screen pops up just like yours. I check contacts hit 'sync now' but when I go to my address book nothing is there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What about going to www.mac.com and trying to sync it from there?

2rfq3yb.png

OP
H
Reaction score
Do you think it may have to to with registering my computer. I had to re-register when I did the E and I but when I go to .mac under system preferences it lists my computer?

OP
H
Reaction score
Jeffery,

Thanks again for staying with me on this! Yes, tried that. All my contacts are listed in my .mac address book just can't find any way to get them back to the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.