iPhoto after Leopard install

Reaction score
Here's another one on my long list. After back up my hard drive with CCC I installed Leopard by doing an Erase and Install. I've gotten stuff back like my bookmarks but obviously when I open iPhoto it is blank.

I have all my photos on my external but is there a way to bring my iPhoto over so my events and everything is intact or am I screwed? Thanks for any help.

Lee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Just copy the "iPhoto Library" file over to your pictures folder and open it from there. iPhoto will recognise it and everything will be just as it was. Keep a backup just in case though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You can also just drag your iPhoto library folder back onto your mac,Some where like your pictures folder and then launch iPhoto holding down the option key. You then get a dialogue box asking if you want to Create or choose a library. Then click on Choose and point to where your folder is. It'll work if you don't drag it from your external disk as-well

iphoto-20071030-162209.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.