• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Greatest Horror Flicks for Halloween.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Well I figured since Halloween is only a day away, we should start a thread on our favorite horror flicks. I know theres already a thread on 'scariest' movie, but this one is different in that we're sharing our favorite horror movies.

My pick for this Halloween would have to be Fido. It's a zombie flick. There's something about zombies that just tickles me in that nice way where I go, "oh... thats nice."
Fido isn't really a horror movie, it's more like a movie about a boy with a pet zombie. It's just over the top ridiculous.
Check out the trailer
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/fido/trailer1a/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black
Gonna watch Saw IV in the evening and then head out to a costume party :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
The Exorcist needs to be on any such list. :D

OP
leecho7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Yes, the Exorcist is actually one of my all time favorite movies. I decided to pick something else this summer cause I always pick the Exorcist. But man, its just such a well made movie with a great story (in my opinion at least).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I want to see Fido. My problem is that I love good horror movies. That's an oxy moron though, as most horror movies suck. I do like me some zombies though. The 28 series has been awesome so far and there's speaks of a 3rd set in Paris, I really think they make excellent Halloween horror flicks. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake is also up there as a top pick for me as well.

And....Shaun of the Dead. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a romantic comedy with zombies (yes, it says that on the box).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Re-Animator. Bad Taste. Zombies 2. Evil Dead 2. Dead Alive.

All of them are classics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Stephen King's new movie 1408 was pretty good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
I like the original -
Night of the Living Dead &
Dawn of the Dead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Anyone every see a movie from 1976 called
Burnt Offerings
Pretty Much Scared the Pants off of me as a kid... I think the older flicks are so much more scarier than the new slasher stuff... if you get a chance check this movie out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
The original Night of the Living Dead is a timeless horror classic. I'd also say that The Shining was moderately scary, but still a great movie.

I've never been a fan of the Saw films. They just aren't scary, their only goal is to gross people out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Re-Animator. Bad Taste. Zombies 2. Evil Dead 2. Dead Alive.

All of them are classics.

Those are classics... and from way back when Peter Jackson made "good" movies, none of that LOTR crap. I wish he would go back to his roots and start making zombie/horror movies again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Those are classics... and from way back when Peter Jackson made "good" movies, none of that LOTR crap. I wish he would go back to his roots and start making zombie/horror movies again.

Agreed :( There is nothing better than seeing a young Peter Jackson chain-saw through an alien's body, than use it as a suit.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I can't have a complete Halloween without watching Halloween III: Season of the Witch. I love the jingle of the commercial they used in the film. Sort of cheesy, but it's still a must for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NDsfUANcws

OP
leecho7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Evil Dead 1+2, Army of Darkness... classics. Bruce Campbell is awesome.
Bubba ** Tep is another classic with Bruce Campbell.

I also have to bring to light a crap movie that is surprisingly funny.
It's called Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood.
I'm dead serious. It's stupid. But thats why its funny.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339294/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
You've posted some good horror flicks here (except for Halloween III) but c'mon people, it is after-all Halloween.

"Halloween" is the perfect movie to watch tonight. Jamie Lee Curtis at her best.

T

todd51

Not a horror movie, but I was thinking about it the other day when I saw the costume. I need to watch the original Ghostbusters sometime soon. I think that movie is hilarious. Plus Mr. Staypuft scared me when I was little haha!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.