Running Quickbooks on Parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66
What type of performance might I expect running PC windows mainly and PC Autocad occasionally with Parallels on a Mac Pro? I could load up the ram if it would help.

The applications would run on the Macpro and the data would reside on another machine through a XP peer to peer network?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What type of performance might I expect running PC windows mainly and PC Autocad occasionally with Parallels on a Mac Pro? I could load up the ram if it would help.

The applications would run on the Macpro and the data would reside on another machine through a XP peer to peer network?

Applications that don't require 3D support should run very well. AutoCAD would likely be problematic because 3D support is very new, and very limited in Parallels (and VMWare Fusion for that matter). If you need full 3D support in Windows, your best bet would be to run it under Boot Camp.

Quickbooks (which you mentioned in the thread title) should run fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.