Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.2 ghz 24" iMac 2.4 ghz
thanks i'll give that a shot

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
i did a clean install too after the blue screen of death on reboot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
In tiger the 1.1 update would crash my 24" 2.8ghz IMac every time I did anything that taxed the video card at all. I reverted to 1.0 and the problem went away.

When I installed leopard the problem came back only worse then before. It seems they are using the same video drivers in leopard that they had in the IMac update 1.1 even though they are known to be bad. I would have thought they would have included the previous drivers till they had a fix but I guess that was to much to expect.

Luckily I had a superdupper backup on an external drive of my Tiger install so I was able to restore easily enough. I will be able to use the time Machine data on the same drive when they eventually fix the drivers in leopard as well. backups for the win.

P.S. My Leopard install was a clean one. I tryed an upgrade first but it froze all the time. Reinstalled with a format and it froze alittle less but still I can reliably make it freeze if I do any of the following.

1) Spend more then 5 seconds on the screen saver preferences window
2) Try to run warcraft
3) Use time machine and click through alot of windows causing alot of animation
4) Feed it after midnight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
let us know how you have done. I installed Friday afternoon - with the exception of sat night and sunday (from the result of sat night) I have pretty much been working to get all my system back and apps that I need for work.

One very expensive process, One very time consuming process but hoping the pain will be worth it in the long run.

So far the apple techs have emailed me CAPTURE DATA so that they could see my info....you all may want to ask them to do this for you...still working on it will get bk to the post when issue is fixed...

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive only jumped into the mac world last year with an imac 24", since then ive added too it with a western Digital my book 1tb, apple tv and AirPort Extreme Base Station.

So far ive not had any problems since installing leopard, like an ex windoze user that iam i opted in the end for a full installation, after initially upgrading tiger.

I have not encountered any problems that i am aware of, i did have some issues with the apple tv/itunes which seemed to sort it's self out but apart from that ive not experienced any real problems. Without doubt leopard is faster than Tiger and im enjoying getting used to the new features.

All the software that i use, ilife 08, visualhub, mediafork, and various video and audio codecs work without any probs.

famous last words though......!

Reaction score
I did the clean install on the machine that crashes. The one I did a upgrade works fine without any problems. But it only happens in Parallels, cause the machine that has the upgrade is running VMWare instead of Parallels.

When I installed the latest version of Parallels it crashed when I was still running Tiger. Every time I would boot into Windows, my whole MBP would lock up. Eventually Windows locked me out of everything, so I had to get rid of Parallels entirely.

I am guessing there is something wrong with the latest build of parallels.

I could be wrong though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Yeah, the problem I am having is limited to the new Aluminom IMacs that use the ATI 2600 graphics card.

Reaction score
I agree about parallels, i had the latest version and it kept crashing and im sure that it slowed down my imac and caused other problems.

Haven't installed it this time round and won't. Boot camp with win xp works just fine before and since installing Leopard.

Reaction score
Many Crashes, freeze ups with Leopard

Yes I too have had many crashes with the new OS. And my system is Vanilla and was totally reformatted. My PC is actually running more stable. What's with Apple releasing Beta software anyway?

My screen also, just a few minutes ago, dulled over, the clock was frozen two hours in the past, apps would not quit, no kind of error message though. Had to do a hard restart with the switch. I have not had to do this kind of stuf to my Mac since OS10 came out. Frustrating.

I hope Apple comes up with some fixes soon. I still have an e-mac at home sitting with a blue-screen. Unable to apply the fixes that are out there. Deleting files in single user mode does not delete them. Messages say "read only". Even though the rm -rf command should ignore the permissions. C'est la vie.
Ken.

Reaction score
From reading many threads on the forums there seem to be more problems then I want to take on right now. Although some have perfect success. Not sure I get that.

Thankfully I am waiting to buy Leopard. You think by February they might have this thing in good shape?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
edit: posted before read all the posts

Reaction score
perhaps im grasping at straws too but im having the same problems. however, ive noticed that its only happened when im using azureus. has anyone else whos been crashing been running certain 3rd party programs?

i dont know what those "certain" programs are, but you know....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Have now what may be first issue for me since upgrade.
Second occurence, first time I thought maybe it was a fluke.

Issue is unable to browse to any web page. They all just time out. Yeah, yeah, the regulars are gonna tell me try something besides Opera. Well, same thing in Safari also.

Airport is still connected. Can still browse the lan. Can renew my DHCP lease. But, no internet. First time it happened, went in and reset the router and was back on. This time, checked it out on the MacBook (also has Leopard) and it was still able to get on the net, but not my MBP. Didn't think about it, probly should have tried turning Airport off and back on. Instead, I rebooted which soved the issue.

Not ready to say it's a Leopard issue yet, but is worth watching at this point.
I'm having this issue as well...
But I can actually see it dropping my network from the airport icon and then reconnecting after a few seconds.

I just tried deleting all preferred networks and keychain entries and just re-added my main home network. Lets see how it goes.

Reaction score
This is the exact same problem I was having when I upgraded to 10.4.9.

It still happens every now and then. it is very annoying, so I do feel ur pain.

Please let us know is there is a fix

Reaction score
today i got the chance to use front row and quicktime and actually watch an entire episode of the office/anime.

front row: video does not display on my tv (standard, not HD) when connected. the videos played fine with the front row that was on tiger. the video also plays fine when i use front row and not connected to the tv. this was really strange to me. had to resort to using quicktime to watch videos on my tv.

quicktime: CRASHED almost everytime i tried to watch a video (whether connected to tv or not). half way into it, it would crash. i tried other videos, etc, it just kept crashing. I had to finally resort to VLC player just to watch the whole video without interruptions.

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem that homer described -- 17" PB, 1 GHz. Never had sleep or crash problems with this unit ... until about 3 minutes after the Leopard install. Tried a PRAM zap; no luck. I am leaning toward resetting the Power Management Unit, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to lift the keyboard and do the reset -- hopefully that might help -- if anyone finds a fix, I'd love to hear what works

Reaction score
i'm glad i found this post that has the same problem i have.. i pratically just bought my new macbook from the apple store 2 weeks ago.. with leopard in it already.. so excited on using it,, i got upset when my computer while downloading something suddenly blocks. a grey screen comes down and it tells me to restart the computer.. later checking on the internet what it could be , i found out the word: kernel panic.. i even called apple to see what can be done, but after few test. the problem has not been found.. i read that kernal panic can also be related to hardware problems, and having passed through many problems with apple for ipod and imac problems.. it would be possible as they are made in china now.. does anyone have any idea on what i could do??

thanks soo much!!

ciao

Reaction score
Sorry folks, it's not supposed to be "works like a charm" for some, "crashes all the time for others." It's not the users, it's Leopard. Here's an interesting take, over at PCMag. Verdict: Vista and Leopard are both crap. Solution: Back to XP and Tiger.

Reaction score
I just reverted last night.

i made a copy with superduper a week or two before i "upgraded"

i'm going to wait till 10.5.2 or 3

good ol' Tiger!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.