Memory upgrade for new 12in iBook g4

A

alphaatlas

I'm thinking about purchasing a new 12in iBook G4 1Ghz. It comes with 256mb of RAM, but I would like to upgrade it to 512mb at least. But I'm confused on how many modules I'd have to get. Do I just have to buy one 256mb and add it to the existing 256mb, or do I have to buy a 512mb one and replace the already installed 256mb? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
According tho Apple's iBook specs page,

256MB of PC2100 (266MHz) DDR SDRAM (256MB built-in and one available SO-DIMM slot) with support for up to 1.25GB

So adding a second 256MB module in the available slot will works just fine.

OP
F

funkdoobi

alphaatlas said:
I'm thinking about purchasing a new 12in iBook G4 1Ghz. It comes with 256mb of RAM, but I would like to upgrade it to 512mb at least. But I'm confused on how many modules I'd have to get. Do I just have to buy one 256mb and add it to the existing 256mb, or do I have to buy a 512mb one and replace the already installed 256mb? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.

when i bought my ibook. it comes with 128 built in. and another 128 dim. so i bought and put in a 512. if the newer ones come with 256 built in, it's best just to buy a 512 dim. you'll thank yourself later on

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.