Help with Garageband

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to use Garageband and when I try to put some samples and make a cool rythm, I get a message saying that my samples are being downloaded in the software update section. When I click on software update, it says that my software is up to date. So I dont know whats going on...

Reaction score
Are these your own samples created outside GB? If not and if they're from outside of GB, how did you import them to the app?

What is the exact wording of the software update thingy dialogue box?

OP
H
Reaction score
No, I'm trying to use the regular samples that came with GB.

Here's the exact message:

The Software Instrument or Apple Loop selected is currently being installed.

You have already initiated the installation of additional content for GarageBand via Software Update. For additional information please open the 'Software Update' application.

Reaction score
For additional information please open the 'Software Update' application.

I think that means you need to go to:

System Prefs ~> Software Update and click on the Installed Updates Tab

Let me know what you see there in relation to GB or anything related to the loops etc ...

picture_1-20071030-143700.jpg

Reaction score
I just bought my first Mac, and I have been having the exact same problem, none of my loops seem to be installed, and I get the same message you got.

So, did anybody find a solution yet?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.