Wirless Access IBOOK G3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
I own an IBOOK G3 and it does not have an airport card I am looking for an airport card that is inexpensive, I would like to know if there is an alternative to using an airport card and can purchase maybe a different card that will work that will cost less, or maybe a USB card that will pick up a wirless signal that is compatible with it. Also I have 256 MB on it now do I need to get an additional 512 MB for it to run smoothly or can I just get 256 more instead, since I am primarily using it for internet and it has an 800 mhz processor. Thanks again in advance for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
How much are you willing to shell out for an airport card? Look on craigslist, you can probably find one for $50, just remember it's not the airport extreme. You'll probably end up spending about the same for a wireless usb contraption. If you go wireless, do it right, buy the airport card.

You can use the internet with 256 MBo f Ram, but adding more won't hurt.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.