router vs modem

Reaction score
just a couple days ago I started getting kicked off my wireless connection.
I can't seem to figure out if it's the provided high speed modem or my router.
To get back online I have to pull the plug on the power-strip which reboots the modem and router at the same time. When I do this I can get Internet again.
Does anyone have any suggestion to what the problem could be. first problem in over 6 months with this. thanks:Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
what happens if you unplug only one of them?

OP
M
Reaction score
well the problem still exists.
I tried unplugging just one but I only seem to get a positive result when I re-start the entire power strip. Yet, I'm beginning to believe it's the high speed modem supplied thru Time Warner because our actual Home computer is loosing it's connection on a daily basis as well, it is directly plugged into it. This requires an entire power re-start to get going as well.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
is your high-speed modem connected to the router and your home pc is connected hard wired to the router? If so, it might be your router that is having a problem if both your wireless and hardwired connected home pc is getting disconnected

OP
M
Reaction score
yes. they are both connected to the router. Just now it went out again and I re-started just the router and everything was back online. I picked a different port this time, maybe that will make a difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.