Leopard again

Reaction score
Oh boy. I think I'm in over my head. I just got Leopard and tried to install. When I inserted the disk it said it couldn't install on my volume. I had to partition with GUID. So I backed everything up using CCC. And did as instructed. Installed Leopard no problem but I can't get my setting back, bookmarks, pictures in iPhoto, email subfolders, etc.

Now I did erase my hard drive when I restored and partitioned it but had a full backup on my external. I used Migration Assistant and it pulled over documents and such but I thought it'd pull everything over? Now I'm at the point I don't know what I've brought back over and what I haven't. This sucks and I'm a tard!

Can someone save me from this?! I'd owe you big time. I just want all my bookmarks, address book, settings etc. to come back. How do I do that with my bootable copy that I made with CCC? Thanks for any help.

Lee in Leesburg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
when you created a clone disk did you select the option to make a bootable copy.

OP
H
Reaction score
After having some time to settle down I guess my questions are:

When you guys do an "Erase and Install" how do you get all the settings, bookmarks, address books, documents, apps, etc. back?

Man I'm fried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.
After having some time to settle down I guess my questions are:

When you guys do an "Erase and Install" how do you get all the settings, bookmarks, address books, documents, apps, etc. back?

Man I'm fried.

I back it all up on an external drive, then drag it all back after the install.

OP
H
Reaction score
I dragged my iTunes library back...it's fine. But my photos won't import into iPhoto. I guess I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too. I just thought that the Migration Assistant would put everything back but it hasn't as far as I know. I might just not be looking in the right place?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.