Just Converted From PC to Mac. And loving it!

Reaction score
Just finished boxing up my 17" Alienware laptop and Placing my new 15" MacBook Pro on my desk. So far I am loving this macbook. I got the 2.4ghz @ store default specs, 2gig ram, 160g 5400 rpm hdd, Glossy screen. I have already upgraded the ram to 4gig with the help of www.crucial.com and now Im wanting to look into new storage solution. this 160gig hdd has gota go. With just the OS and very few app's ive already used up 52gigs:|

What brand/size Hdd's do you prefer to run in macbooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
I haven't tried upgrading a MB (MBP) yet but for PC Laptops, I've almost always used Hitachi Travelstar 7200RPM drives. These used to be IBM and in every laptop for a while. Hitachi bought the brand a few years ago from them and I haven't seen a drop in quality yet. As far as compatability goes, my G4 (AGP Graphics) originally had an IBM Deskstar drive in it from the factory so I'm sure a travelstar wouldn't have any issues in a MBP.

-MikeM

Reaction score
Welcome aboard to a helpful, friendly site. "Converts" always welcome! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.