Starting UP ISSUE!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
Something really weird is happening with my IBOOK G3, I have it connected via an ethernet cable to connect to the internet. When I boot it up to start up with the ethernet connected instead of the apple coming up when the computer is starting up a box with a globe in it comes up and blinks on and off and just stays there it does nothing. I have to hold the power button down and remove the ethernet cable and then power it up again and then the box with the globe comes up again, but then it goes away and a small folder comes on with a question mark and blinks off and the folder comes back on with the picture of the finder face on it, and then proceeds to log on with the apple into the OS and from there works just fine. I just want to know how I get it back to normal so that I don't have to do all of that additional stuff to make it work. Thank you in advance for your help.

Reaction score
Sounds like your iBook has chosen to Startup from the Network instead of the Internal Hard Drive ... so, to fix this you'll need to reset it in Control Panels ~> Startup Disc ~> Select Internal HD ....

Do you have your System Disc? Boot from that holding 'C' when you hear the chime and do the above steps and first eject the disc then reboot and it should be fine.

picture_2-20071030-113324.jpg

Just realised I took it for granted you were on OS 9 .... is that incorrect?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
I actually got this IBOOK G3 from my cousin and he purchased it on ebay and he didnt' get any disc with it and on top of it the cd drive doesn't open when you hit the eject button I have to open it by sticking a tooth pick in it so thats another problem I have. I really don't know what I should do, the other day I was removing the keyboard to look at what it looks like underneath and when I went to put it back I hit a whole bunch of keys at the same time and then it started doind what I described above. So please help me tell me what I should do to go around that or make it better fo that matter. Thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.