Quality of Apple Online Store Refurbished iPods?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM 120GB HD, 2G iPod Shuffle 1GB (Orange)
I'm considering purchasing a refurbished 2nd-generation iPod Nano 8GB (Black) from the Apple Canada Online Store. I'm kind of leery on the quality of the product as it WAS opened by another person and the only reason they would have returned it would have been an electronic or physical defect.

Does anyone know the typical quality of the refurbished iPods from Apple? Also, does it come in the traditional packaging or the cardboard boxes like the refurbished Macs?

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
I got refurbed 80gig and it lasted for about a year and a half until I left it in my car. It got so hot that I couldn't pick it up (from the sun), and never worked right since then. I'm sure it would have lasted much longer.

I'd go for it. It's an awesome refurb program that they have, and most of the refurbs are probably just people who got the stuff and didn't like it. I can almost guarantee you won't get sub-par quality, because I've never seen it.

Actually, the MBP I'm on right now is from their refurb dept.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i have bought two refurb products from apple and they both work great. the refurb products i purchesed were 2nd gen shuffle and airport extreme base station. other then coming in a different package you would never know they wernt new

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I got a MBP. It was perfect and came with everything in box, etc. You are safe. It has a year warranty included. Generally, if it works through the first year, you are pretty much set until you want a new one.

And they test them before they sell them again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
My sister bought a refurbished iPod 2 months ago. It looked, felt and acted brand new. You wouldn't know the difference. She hasn't had a single problem with it.

Reaction score
My sister bought a refurbished iPod 2 months ago. It looked, felt and acted brand new. You wouldn't know the difference. She hasn't had a single problem with it.

Had exactly the same experience. Go for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Apple backs their refurb products with one year warranty. If it was junk or felt it might not last they would not offer the warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
All the refurb products I have ever brought worked like new. Go for it!

OP
Nurburgring
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM 120GB HD, 2G iPod Shuffle 1GB (Orange)
Hey guys, thanks for your constructive responses. I made the move and my new (refurbished) iPod Nano 2nd-Generation 8GB Black has commenced its journey to my house. Oh boy, it's going to look so well together with my black MacBook. They're both matte black. Thanks again, and I'll post some pics and possibly a review of it when I receive the product. It's scheduled to arrive around November 8th to the 14th.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.