I finally got brave and opened my MBP to switch out the hard drive and...(Pics)

Reaction score
...it was so easy. I was expecting it to be a huge pain like my old iBook was so I was putting off upgrading forever, but since I am going to do a clean install for Leopard I figure now would be a good time to do it.

Only problem is I don't have my new hard drive yet so I guess it'll just have to stay in pieces for awhile.

Not like you haven't seen MBP insides before, but I took pics anyways:

Start.jpg

Memory.jpg

Open.jpg

Victory.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Hey, a Toshiba drive! If you didn't need to keep that around for warranty purposes (assuming you still have one) I'd recommend a little bit of percussive maintenance on that thing (the drive, not the laptop)... :Evil:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hey, a Toshiba drive! If you didn't need to keep that around for warranty purposes (assuming you still have one) I'd recommend a little bit of percussive maintenance on that thing (the drive, not the laptop)... :Evil:

Thanks MyNameIs for the pics. What drive did you install in the MBP? I take it that Toshiba is the drive you took out? Opps, Now I see the Apple on the Toshiba. Feel so stupid! :D

Geeky, I take it you do not like Toshiba 2.5" drives? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
I like Toshiba drives (and computers) just fine...

...after they've been appropriately neutralized through smashing, burning, drowning or any combination thereof.

:p ;)

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
rofl @ shocker sticker.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well it is back together and a bit quicker to boot up. I am still amazed at how easy it was. I still haven't got around to getting Leopard though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.