Leopard 10.5 Rainbow Glass Dock Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
fwiw it's "OBnoxious", and I can't see anyone but you complaining. You're the only one who DIDN'T thank me, after all that fuss. Love the irony lol.

It's nice work, but there are literally hundreds of thousands of people who contribute to the Mac community in some way, whether programming, writing help documents or just hanging around forums assisting newbies. Demanding thanks, even if it's with a hint of irony, kind of devalues that help.

I am sure that most decent people here would have heaped praise on you without the red text. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
This is just a suggestion... but maybe you should edit your first post, and remove the "red thanks" text.

The mod looks wonderful, and I thank you for doing it! However, where I work has blocked rapidshare, plus, my mac is at home :( But I am excited to get home and try it now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
I don't think irony at all.

I'm the only one who 'spoke up' at first, yes. It's an open forum and I gave my opinion of your delivery.

I think your hack is awesome, though your presentation stinks. Who gives a presentation offering a gift then demands a thank-you at the end haha ?

No one MUST thank you. Those who appreciate it will, have, and will continue to. But to blatantly demand it? Perhaps obnoxious is the incorrect harsh word (and check your own grammar before throwing stones). Maybe arrogant... thinking everyone will love the hack but reserve praise because we're rude.

Your presentation of the hack ended with a assumption that we're rude people. I think it would be rude to assume so. That is irony.

He's got a point...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
thanks

This is just a suggestion... but maybe you should edit your first post, and remove the "red thanks" text.

The mod looks wonderful, and I thank you for doing it! However, where I work has blocked rapidshare, plus, my mac is at home :( But I am excited to get home and try it now!

I agree on the thanks issue,not that it matters ....Your mod to the doc is awesome and I surely appreciate it don't get me wrong as I reflected in an earlier post... However your request for thanks...:Oops:

****But still appreciating your hard work and efforts to improve our Leopard experience****
Thanks again...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's dead easy to change :D

Here's the default one with the levels adjusted:

dock.png

The contrast brings out the reflection and you can see the active app light much better.

LOVE the high contrast Dock idea, Alexis. THANK YOU - makes things so much more functional (and better looking IMO).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Hows does it work... I mean... when the dock expands... does it stretch the image? Is it a vector image or bitmap?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Awesome job, this is really cool. But how do you change it back to the original dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Assuming that you saved the 4 original files, just delete the modified ones and move the originals back in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
the rainbow dock maxed out the downloads ;/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
How do you do the contrast dock?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
How do you do the contrast dock?

Open each of the 4 files (referenced in KirstyDV's instructions) in an image editing program (I used The Gimp) and adjust the contrast up and the brightness down.

Here's mine, BTW:

Reaction score
I figured out how to change the separator. You just need to go to that resources folder that is pointed out in the instructions and open the separator.png file and change the color or whatever you want to do with gimp or something similar

OP
kirstydv
Reaction score
Someone told me that if you download a pirated copy of Leopard, you'd get this pirate Dock, pre-installed. Ya know what to do if u wanna do it the easy way ;) LOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Someone told me that if you download a pirated copy of Leopard, you'd get this pirate Dock, pre-installed. Ya know what to do if u wanna do it the easy way ;) LOL.

That'd be sweet.

Reaction score

Im slow, I dont follow.

Someone told you this dock comes with a pirated copy of Leopard? I just made this a few hours ago. And i dont know what to do if I want to do it the easy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.