starting new mac business?

Reaction score
I uploaded a picture of my newest mac desktop yesterday onto my DeviantArt. Someone told me they loved it and wanted to know if it was for sale. I sald no. They offered to pay me $25.00 via PayPal for it. I don't have a paypal account or nothing so I was like no. Then I thought if making a business out of it. I have screen capture, I can download that multiple desktop program so I don't have to screw up mine. How much would you people pay for a custom Mac OS X desktop? $25 seems too much to me. How would I put the downloadable files onto the site or would I e-mail the customers the files or would the files be too big to send via thunderbird? Advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I built a stock art website that stores displays watermarked images. When you buy, the site creates a zip of all the images in your cart, and downloads it to your computer. Completely automated. Not free.

If you want to sell that at a low price, you should use small watermarked images on the site. Then when they buy, email them desktop sized images.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
yea giulio has the right idea about the watermark. People on Ebay do it in there store if they take there own pictures. I dont understand the reason if it is just ebay, but in your case it makes sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I use server tools... the client uploads their image and my programs does the rest for them. For example: http://www.dkactionphotos.com/photo...&categoryids=C83&bw=on&vertical=on&managed=on
Click any thumbnail to see the watermarked preview.

But for yourself, you can use photoshop, and write a batch script.... which would open your full size photos, resize them into previews, watermark them, and save them out as jpgs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
There's a program called Downsize that can do a number of things to your pics en masse if you like, including watermarking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
Link to your deviantart?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.