Leopard Problems on MacBook

Reaction score
First here are my MacBook' stats (in case that it may help in providing a more useful reply):
Processor: 2Ghz Intel Core Duo
Memory: 2.66 MHz

List of problems since installing Leopard that did not exist with Tiger:

1. Slower start-up time. It takes longer to boot up.
2. Mail and Safari are some what unstable. Not unusable, but 3 out of 10 times, they crash.
3. The tab shortcut in both Firefox and Safari do not work.
4. Some Quicksilver plug-ins do not function, such as the dictionary plug-in.

It is worth noting that I preformed an Upgrade and not a clean install. Should I back up my system and then attempt a clean install? If so, would I be able to backup my system with Time Machine, then restore my system after a clean install? I need some advice as to what would be the best method in clearing up these problems. Thanks a bunch to those who reply.

D R

Reaction score
I don't have any advice for this, but will add that mail is having issues remembering my password. Worked fine overnight from Saturday to Sunday. Sunday I got prompts on and off through the day. Considering it's set to check ever 5 minutes, this is odd.

Then, late last night it asked every time it checked for mail. Perhaps this is an issue with the keychain, I'm not sure.

I did a clean install of 10.5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen
For the ones that just did the update I would check to make sure there aren't any Leopard updates for any of the applications that are not working properly. I know I've read that there have been a few to come out to make them Leopard friendly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
For the ones that just did the update I would check to make sure there aren't any Leopard updates for any of the applications that are not working properly. I know I've read that there have been a few to come out to make them Leopard friendly.

Safari and Mail? They're bundled Apple Apps.

OP

1. Slower start-up time. It takes longer to boot up. - It's probably loading slightly more data, so to be expected, as long as the difference isn't huge. Mine actually boots quicker, but I did a clean install.

2. Mail and Safari are some what unstable. Not unusable, but 3 out of 10 times, they crash. Definately a problem here. Did you have the Safari Beta previously? If so, you should probably check which version Leopard is running.

3. The tab shortcut in both Firefox and Safari do not work - You could try re-setting Firefox and try again - but Safari should work

4. Some Quicksilver plug-ins do not function, such as the dictionary plug-in. No idea, don't use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I've been reading some real horror posts about the update for the keychain today...I think I will wait on that one...several posts saying it bricked their mac...My issues are with the browsers crashing...all 3 of my browsers in fact...I did an erase and install thinking it would be better but I am wondering now...It won't even let me download adobe flash...HMMM...frustrating...on the phone for hours with apple today and still on hold again...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.