Kernel Panic During Install

Reaction score
I've been having an issue with kernel panics dating back with the 10.4.10 update. After updating I would receive a kp within 30 sec of restarting. I called apple and they told me 10.4.10 was mostly an update for the iPhone and that I don't need to update if I don't have an iPhone. So since I've been running 10.4.9 with no problems.

But now the issue is that I purchased Leopard and when I booted off the cd to install, I get a kp within 30 sec of trying to install. I did an hardware test and nothing showed up. I did a mem stress test on XP and it ran fine. Any ideas?

my mac:
Intel 2ghz Flat Panel iMac (the white one)
2 x 512mb DDR2 Memory (I've upgraded one to 2gig but the original memory creates the same issue)

Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would run the Apple Hardware Test - you'll need to use your original system disc(s).

Kernal Panics from a system update are not normal. OS 10.4.10 included a lot more than just updates for the iPhone.

OP
J
Reaction score
I ran the Apple Hardware Test off my original cd that came with the iMac and nothing came up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.