DVD-R media question.

S

sildenafil

i am finally going to use my superdrive on my powerbookto burn few dvds. I understand that i can only burn on 1x speed. So, I was wondering which dvd-r disk i should use. I saw compusa or memorax disks for cheap. Are they now worth their cheap prices? any advise would be welcome.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

you may wanna try a single one first to give it a shot...ive had some trouble with different kinds..i usually use verbatims or sonys mostly the verbatim cuase of the price..
i have before used no name ones and only had like 3 bad ones out of 50...just depends... of course apple says to use Apple ones of Sony ones
but buy a single one..give it a try..if it works..buy a bunch...enjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I bought a spindle of imation DVD-R's from best buy the day I got my powerbook. I've burned a few dvd's without any trouble. I was able to watch them in my ps2, haven't tried the xbox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
I use mirror platinums, never had a bad disc yet from them.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

had a couple medium errors with some of the no named dvds...like the kind that come on a spindle and have no label the top of the disc but that has been about the most..had harware error ones..but that was a long time ago

OP
T

TylerMoney

you should be able to burn at faster than 1x. What model pb do you have? The newest ones can do 4x, mine can do 2x..technically...I think.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
BI use either Fujii, Verbatim, Imation, and Apple. Burning the disk at 1X guarantees that all other systems will be able to read the disk. Just like burning CDR at 4x guarantees that all systems will be able to read them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.